-Maintaining good oral hygiene is crucial for overall health and well-being. While brushing and flossing are essential daily habits, they are not enough to ensure optimal dental health and Lisa Lu Davis, DMD, the Paso Robles dentist, has some information to encourage everyone to get regular teeth cleaning.
Regular teeth cleaning performed by a dental professional is just as important, maybe even more so, than daily dental care for detecting early dental problems, preventing dental problems and maintaining overall oral health. The top reasons to get regular teeth cleanings include:
- Preventing dental problems: Regular teeth cleaning allows dentists to identify early signs of potential dental issues such as cavities, gum disease, and oral infections. By detecting these problems at an early stage, they can be addressed promptly, preventing them from progressing into more severe and painful conditions. It's a proactive approach that prevents future discomfort and costly treatments.
- Thorough plaque and tartar removal: Despite our best efforts, some areas of the mouth are hard to reach with a toothbrush or floss. Over time, plaque buildup can harden into tartar, which cannot be removed through regular brushing alone. Professional teeth cleaning employs specialized tools and techniques to eliminate stubborn tartar, reducing the risk of gum disease and tooth decay, reports the Paso Robles dentist.
- Fresher breath: Persistent bad breath can be embarrassing and can often be a sign of underlying oral health issues. Regular teeth cleaning helps eliminate bacteria and plaque that cause bad breath. Teeth are also polished during the cleaning process, leaving them smooth and free from surface stains that may contribute to foul breath.
- Brighter, whiter smile: Over time, our teeth can become stained or discolored due to various factors like coffee, tea, tobacco, or certain medications. Regular teeth cleaning helps remove these stains, revealing a brighter, whiter smile.
- Maintaining overall health: Oral health is closely linked to your overall health. Several studies have shown a connection between gum disease and other health conditions like heart disease, diabetes, respiratory issues, and even certain types of cancer. Regular teeth cleaning reduces the risk of gum disease, keeping your mouth healthy and potentially reducing the risk of other systemic health issues.
- Personalized dental advice: During a teeth cleaning appointment, dental professionals not only clean the teeth but also provide personalized advice on how to improve an oral hygiene routine. “This advice,” reports the Paso Robles dentist, “guides you on proper brushing and flossing techniques and offers tips and advice on other practices that can keep your mouth healthy.”
Neglecting regular dental cleaning may lead to more complex dental problems, such as extensive tooth decay or periodontal disease. Treating these advanced conditions can be costly and time-consuming. Investing in regular teeth cleaning is the best way to avoid more expensive and invasive dental procedures down the line.
Dr. Lisa Lu Davis is a comprehensive, caring and conscientious clinician that Paso Robles depends on for the latest technologies and a relaxing and professional environment. Dr. Davis is the dentist patients see for general dentistry such as dental cleaning, fillings, and teeth whitening and advanced dental procedures including implant restorations, dental veneers, Six Month Smiles, dentures, crowns and bridges, root canals and creating healthy smiles.
Building partnerships with every patient to create ideal dental health through preventive care and patient education are foundations of Dr. Davis’s conscientious oral care practices. Using state-of-the-art technologies in all procedures adds to the reasons Dr. Davis is a dentist Paso Robles area families and individuals choose for dental health care.
Lisa Lu Davis, DMD, Inc.
2120 Golden Hill Road Suite 103
Paso Robles, CA 93446